Thursday, August 15, 2019

Double Island Kitchens – The Next Big Trend

What double island kitchen is your favorite? I’m tempted to start a design project with a double island.

Need more kitchen inspiration? Read my latest post showcasing some of the most stunning kitchens.

Image 1 | Image 2 | Image 3 | Image 4 | Image 5 | Image 6 | Image 7 | Image 8 

Lately, I have been seeing double island kitchens everywhere. It seems like every time I go on Instagram, Pinterest, or pick up an interior design magazine I see one. The other day I went to visit a friend who has one and it was incredible. Double Islands allow for the perfect combination of entertaining and cooking with ease. It’s no secret that counters space is hard to come by. With a double island, there is a plethora of counter space!

I think it would be really fun to have a kitchen with a double island. I love to cook and entertain. It’s the perfect solution for having an intimate dinner party or cooking an elaborate meal. Since double islands seem to be following me lately, I decided to do some research and pull together my favorite images. Check out these amazing kitchens! 

A TASTEFUL WHITE AND BLACK KITCHEN

This kitchen looks perfect for a large family who spends a lot of time in the kitchen. The large square island in the center allows for cooking, prepping, and hanging out near the chef. Perfect for a casual family breakfast or just hanging out.

BLUE CABINETS + AN ARTFUL APPROACH TO DOUBLE ISLANDS

I love these cabinets. This kitchen utilizes one of my favorite kitchen trends: a soft matte blue color for cabinets. I also am a huge fan of the simple black hardware on the cabinets. This kitchen is a very similar design to the first one but, this kitchen has a sink on each island. I’m not entirely sure why you would need two – but it sounds handy for entertaining! 

I appreciate this more artful approach to doing a double island. It’s essentially one island but divided. This is a great solution for smaller spaces that still want the flexibility of seating and extra counter space. I think the choice of having two different countertops does a great job at dividing this island into two spaces.

THE HIGHEST CEILINGS PAIRED WITH A DREAM KITCHEN

This space is simple, just grand! Those ceilings are insane and make this space seem even larger. This kitchen is fit for a top chef and a large family who loves to entertain. The farthest island has a sink and plenty of counter space while the second island can seat 6! plus still have plenty of counter space since the island is so large.

The post Double Island Kitchens – The Next Big Trend appeared first on COCOCOZY.



from Design Inspiration Ideas https://ift.tt/2Z7lRrI

No comments:

Post a Comment